London Scottish – Five Facts
Ealing Trailfinders return to Greene King IPA Championship action this weekend when they host capital city rivals London Scottish at Vallis Way.
Ben Ward’s team is seeking to return to winning ways after losing 25-9 to Munster A in the British and Irish Cup semifinals in Cork last time out.
Here’s five facts about our latest opponents…
• Scottish are on a run of one win and four defeats in their last five matches and sit seventh in the Championship table.
• Ealing Trailfinders’ Mark Bright joined from Scottish in the summer. Last season’s Ealing Trailfinders club captain Danny Kenny took the opposite route over Kew Bridge to sign for the exiles.
• Wing Miles Mantella spent four years at the Athletic Ground and scored 43 tries in 79 appearances. He left for London Welsh last summer before moving to Vallis Way in December.
• Current Ealing Trailfinders players Arthur Ellis, James Gibbons and Lewis Thiede also played for the exiles.
• Scottish won 28-12 earlier in the season and have won the two previous encounters at Vallis Way.